Physical Education Nat 5
Pupils will study the factors that impact on performance in physical activities. Pupils will develop movement and performance skills in a range of physical activities.
All pupils who choose to take National 5 PE will be expected to:
• Take an active part in every lesson, irrespective of the physical activity
• Be prepared to work complete weekly written work in class and as homework
Factors Impacting on Performance
• Pupils develop knowledge and understanding of the factors that impact on performance in physical activities
• Pupils acquire an understanding of how to plan, monitor, record and evaluate the process of performance development
• Pupils develop their ability to demonstrate a broad and comprehensive range of complex movement and performance skills through a range of physical activities
• Pupils learn how to select, use, demonstrate and adapt these skills
• Pupils develop control and fluency during movement
The course assessment has two components.
|Component 1 -
|60||50% of overall grade||Approximately August-March (ongoing)
Section 1 - completed under a high degree of supervision and control
Section 2 - completed under some supervision and control
|Component 2 -
|60||50% of overall grade|
The grade is awarded based on the total marks achieved across all course assessment components.
Pupils considering studying National 5 PE would preferably have excelled in the S3 Elective Course. Pupils in S3 will have shown a commitment to developing their performance skills and fully engaging in written tasks.
It is recommended that National 5 PE pupils are regularly participating in competitive sport out with school.
• Higher Physical Education Course
• Other qualifications in Physical Education related areas. For example, Community Sports Leader Award, Exercise and Fitness Leadership
• Further study, employment and/or training