S6 Car Ownership and Driving 2017
S6 – Car Ownership and Driving 2017
Perth College is offering the above short course on Friday afternoons 2-4pm starting 3rd February running till Friday 10th March then Friday 24th March running till Friday 19th May (no classes on 7 14 & 21st April due to school and college holidays). If you are interested you must contact Miss Breen and complete an application form as places are limited.
Course Summary : A short course for S6 pupils covering the responsibilities and legal and safety implications of car ownership and driving.
- Responsibilities when buying or selling a vehicle and dealing with the vehicle registration document.
- Vehicle tax (road fund licence) rules.
- Vehicle insurance requirements and principles. Understanding types of cover and staying legal. Implications of modifying a vehicle, reporting requirements and MOT requirements.
- Penalties and implications of non-compliance.
- Dealing with emergencies.
Carrying out vehicle safety and maintenance checks to include:
- Fluid levels.
- Mechanical aspects included in the driving test.
Checks on these systems will be pitched at vehicle user level. Candidates will gain sufficient knowledge to understand their limits and know when to seek professional help.