Aims & Ethos
Mathematics is essential for everyday life and understanding our world. It is also essential to science, technology and engineering, and the advances in these fields on which our economic future depends. It is therefore fundamentally important to ensure that all pupils have the best possible mathematics education. They need to understand the mathematics they learn so they can be creative in solving problems, as well as being confident and fluent in developing and using the mathematical skills so valued in the world of industry and higher education.
• To implement the school vision of humanity, equality, aspiration and respect.
• To set challenging targets with high expectations for all pupils.
• To offer a variety of approaches to teaching and learning to engage and motivate pupils and demand their active participation.
• To smooth the transition for pupils from year to year and ensure progression in teaching and learning throughout their time at Kinross High School.
• To ensure all pupils regardless of ability make progress and achieve a qualification in Maths.
• To explore enrichment opportunities outside the curriculum to enhance pupils’ enjoyment of mathematics.
• To prepare pupils for the further study of mathematics after their time at Kinross High School.
Courses we offer
S1-S3: Broad General Education
S4: National 5, National 5 Lifeskills, National 4, National 3/4 Lifeskills
S5: Higher, National 5 and National 5 Lifeskills
S6: Advanced Higher, Higher, National 5 and National 5 Lifeskills
Information on all courses can be found in the Course Choice Section of the Parents area and by clicking on the relevent year group in the 'Courses section of the Maths area.