School Fund Audit Certificate 2016/17
Kinross High School’s Independent Audit Certificate for the school fund covering the period 1st August 2016 to 31st July 2017 can be found here
Strengthening Families Programme
The Parenting and Family Learning Team are about to start another block of Strengthening Families Programmes (SFP) at a number of venues throughout Perth and Kinross. Strengthening Families is a 7 week programme which helps all families with young people aged 10 and 11 years to prepare for their teenage years. Becoming a teenager can be a challenging time for young people and parents alike. The programme is proven to support both parents and young people through this time of change, helping them to achieve greater success when they move on to secondary school.
The 7 week programme is free of charge and includes an evening meal together, crèche service and taxi if required.
Welfare Rights Team
project workers can offer:
-A manned display stand at a parents’ night or an open afternoon
-Meeting with Parent Council to offer input from the project team to the wider school at a high footfall event
-Offer to parents/carers of individual consultation at home to ascertain whether a family are “getting all they are entitled to”- with the 90% likelihood that the family will benefit financially from that consultation. Although some may already be well served, such a visit also allows the project officer to ascertain whether another offer of help, such as new bedding, might be appropriate. Individuals must also sign up to the project for funding purposes and so a home visit allows all paperwork to be completed at one time.
-Engaging with parent groups, or with older pupils, on the wider welfare rights agenda.
The service provided to parents/carers includes the following:
- Better budgeting
- Income Maximisation (including ancillary benefits)
- Educating people around priority debts
- Referrals to Adult Learning etc
- Energy referrals
- Direct payments (priority debts)
- Arrangements (priority debts)
- Financial shocks
- Home contents insurance (social sector tenants)
- Credit Union (savings & loans)
- Access to banking/CU services
- Maximising use of money
- Switching utility supplier, SKY packages, insurance etc using USwitch etc.
- Minor Ailment scheme
- Warm Home Discount
- National Entitlement Cards
- Healthy Start
- Priority Assistance Scheme
- SCARF (energy advice service)
- Removal of prepayment meters.
- Basic banking or Credit Union services
- Banking services.
- Setting up direct debits and standing orders.
- Online banking & bank text service.
- Support beyond Money Advice and Energy Advice services
- Email accounts
- Digital learning
- GP/dental registration
- Removing prepayment meters
- Referrals to Money Advice (CAB)
- Family Fund
- Strong Start
- Live Active
- CEA: Cinema discount cards
- Foodbank referrals
- Literacy classes, Adult Learning, Computing classes, financial capability.
- Ancillary benefits and Council Tax exemptions, discounts and disregards
Parents and carers can contact the team direct on 01738 476900 or WelfareRights@pkc.gov.uk. or view additional details on the website http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/5439/Welfare-Rights-Team
The Kinross-shire Community Sport Hub, a new organisation created to develop sport and physical activity opportunities in Kinross-shire, is conducting a survey which they would like as many people as possible to complete. You do not need to know about, or be engaged in sport to complete the survey and we are keen to hear from people of all ages and abilities. The purpose of the survey is to find out how we can help people to get more active by making sure our sports clubs and recreation providers are offering a range of activities that meet everyone's needs and that we have appropriate facilities locally.
Please can you assist with distributing the survey either in paper format (PDF attached for printing) or using the online link below
The hub needs a good response to the survey to give the organisation a mandate to drive change, and we hope local people in Kinross-shire can share this survey and encourage as many people as possible to give their views.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like any printed copies or further information about the sports hub.
Sports Development Officer
(Community Sport Hubs)
Live Active Leisure
Bell's Sports Centre
PERTH PH1 5HS
Tel: 01738 472245